Thursday, March 21, 2013

At the Garden

After work on Monday, I biked over to the garden and did my first planting of the season. It was the day after St. Patrick's Day, so I planted potatoes! Really just two of them, because my space is so limited- but I have to have at least a few new potatoes to dig up. I am trying a new-to-me variety this year, Red La Sodas.
I also planted turnips and radishes and beets, and did a bunch of cleaning up of my plot. It felt so good to get out and till things up, and pull (numerous) weeds, and tidy up all the chunks of cardboard that started out as mulch and then disintegrated and blew around everywhere and made it look a mess. It was a lovely evening, warm until the sun went down, then freezing. It was the first time I'd been able to go to the garden after work, thanks to Daylight Savings- now it stays light past 7 PM!







I officially finished the term last night with my last exam, and tomorrow night I'm off to visit my family for several days, do some hiking, and revel in not having to think about school for the next two and a half weeks.  Happy spring!
 

No comments: