Sunday, December 18, 2011

An Afternoon of Baking

I spent almost all of Friday afternoon baking, in anticipation of a holiday party that night and the need for snacks for the coming few days and our upcoming road trip to Eastern Washington. Here's what I got up to:
(Click on Photos to Enlarge)

 From-scratch pumpkin pies, which we have been eating with every meal since.

Sesame-oregano Lavosh, a Middle Eastern flatbread/cracker, a recipe I have been wanting to try for a long time. It is from Annabel Langbein's The Free Range Cook, one of my favorite souvenirs from New Zealand. The recipes are glorious, and the achingly beautiful photos make me homesick for NZ.



This stuff is remarkably easy to make, and sooooo tasty. And completely addictive. 

Mmmm! Applesauce cake! 

What baked things are turning up in your kitchen this holiday season?

No comments: