Friday, January 4, 2013

Settling

Just a brief post to say I'm getting mostly settled in, most of the purchases I needed to make have been made, and I'm starting to really enjoy my apartment and the neat little space that it is. Unfortunately the light is not very good for taking good photos- there are no windows in my kitchen, so natural light is limited. My front door opens right onto the sidewalk, and my front windows are right at passerby eye-level, so I end up keeping the shades closed most of the time, which is kind of a downer, but the place is lovely otherwise.


I've always wanted one of these bamboo dish racks...now was my chance!

New bookshelf to match my desk.

And a matching bedside table, some assembly required.

Successfully assembled. 

I made the decision to not have internet at home (more on that later), so I am writing this from the little coffee shop around the corner, although hopefully my visits here will decrease once school starts and I have access to wi-fi every day when I am on campus. Time for me to run- another day of errands and organizing. I'm almost there. Three more days until school starts, and it's going to be a doozy of a quarter, but I'm actually quite excited for it. 

I hope you all are having a wonderful 2013 so far!

1 comment:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I am proud of you Liz, for moving forward in spite of your own grief. I love your desk and your little bamboo dish drainer is cute. I like the colorful dishes in it too.

Enjoy making your space, your home sweet home.

Have a wonderful semester.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady