Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chaos and Rain

I shouldn't say chaos, really. We've just been super busy, we got everything out of the apartment as of midnight last night (oy), into our packs or our storage unit, and are now staying at my cousin's house for the next couple nights until we leave (the day after tomorrow!). We still have a number of errands to run and loose ends to tie up, but we have two full days to get those done, so I am feeling much more calm about everything now that the apartment is empty. I will go back there this morning to clean and get the last couple items, and then it's goodbye to the old place.  I will write again and post a few pictures maybe tonight or tomorrow, when the major push is over, but I've been away from my blog for long enough that I wanted to post at least a few lines.

Oh yes, and it started to rain just when we started carrying boxes to the van. Naturally. And then I checked the weather report for Auckland, and it is forecast to be 60 F and rainy when we arrive. Just like home! Except it will only get warmer from there :)

We are starting to get really, REALLY excited at this point...

Meanwhile, here's a photo of us on our last surf in Oregon for awhile, at Otter Rock two weekends ago during my parents' visit:

No comments: