Tuesday, August 16, 2011

27

Yesterday I completed my 27th year and embarked on my 28th. With a weekend trip to Seattle and a day of sunshine and quiet celebration with Matt, I was happy to have to formal birthday festivities. I am happy to say that I love the age I am at, and am reveling in the fact that each passing year seems better than the last. This particular birthday, I am glad to have:

A partner who loves the squeal and happy dance I did when the birthday present I bought for myself arrived this afternoon. I have wanted this for the better part of a year, and here it finally is, and I am completely in love.



The amazing and generous Laurel, who gave me a brand spanking new sewing machine for my birthday! I cannot wait to try it out, and to say goodbye to my decrepit old one! Wow!

These beautiful flowers from Matt:
And finally, I am ever so glad to have had the chance to see one of my oldest and dearest friends, who has been living abroad for the last few years and who is getting married this winter, far away across the ocean. I feel so blessed to have spent an afternoon with her this past weekend, celebrating her upcoming wedding and hopefully sending her back to Asia with some extra love and strength to take on the adversity of starting married life far from home and family.

3 comments:

Brenna said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a glorious day, and the bowls are GORGEOUS.

Brenna

consciousearthveg.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Happy Birthday! Such wonderful gifts and those bowls are so happy and cheerful looking!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Belated Happy Birthday ~ It looks and sounds like you had a lovely celebration. I love your bowls. Bowls are one of my favorite kitchen things.

Enjoy your new sewing machine.

Your flowers were beautiful!

FlowerLady